as the title states, june was nothing less than a WHIRLWIND.
school re-opened, exams begun and thankfully, i did not flunk my math paper! this was also the month i discovered the masterpiece that is bungo stray dogs!
- this is one of those animes i don’t even want to talk about because talking and writing about this also doesn’t do it justice.
- the plot execution is at its peak, the characters each have actual personalities, quirks and motivations and each episode is funnier than the previous one.
- dazai is obviously my comfort character and he should be yours too!
it’s also crazy to think that we’re in the seventh month of this year. is it just me or the year actually seems to be going by really fast?
i finished an 8/10 book vampire series in a week! just during exam season ! my timing is always on point.
- did i like it? somewhat.
- am i re-entering a vampire/ dark-character phase again? when was i out of it?
- this was overdue, but now i’m honestly glad to say i picked up reading pace this month !!
- the book that triggered this phase was “insatiable” by meg cabot, the aforementioned vampire phase trigger.
- an obviously predictable plot, but it was still nice to read.
- for a book to be anything more than a 3-star read, it doesn’t necessarily have to be the “best” or have the finest plot twists or the most relatable characters or anything.
- sometimes you just read a book and you’re like “wow i lost track of time reading this. 5 stars. okay.”
- that’s how i felt about insatiable.
in addition to reading, i spent more time trying to draw liver diagrams and solving physics numericals. a notes flip through is in the making!
when school, life and other engagements get a little overbearing, de-stressing is key. recently i’ve found anime and tv-shows to be the best stress buster. if you’re looking for comedy coupled with immensely likeable characters, spy x family is the way to go.
- spy x family follows loid forger, anya forger and yor brair as they try to maintain their image of a “perfect” family. loid is a westalian agent code-named “twilight” tasked with spying on donovan desmond. the issue here is the fact that donovan is a self-proclaimed recluse and this makes spying on him extremely difficult.
- loid isn’t one to call it quits, though. a mission is a mission and thus the forger family is formed. yor, despite her cutesy features, is a professional assassin and anya can read minds!
- neither does anya know about what loid and yor do, nor do loid and yor know about anya. it’s like going around in circles over and over again.
- obviously it’s one of those animes where even trying to pick a favourite character feels like a crime
nikszine, status: closed.
2 thoughts on “the whirlwind of june.”
ok but YOUR MINDBLOWINGLY-FORMATTED POSTS COUPLED WITH THE MOST STUNNING BLOG DESIGN OF EVER JUST LEAVES ME STARING IN AWE EVERY. SINGLE. TIME??? i love it so much ok 😭 ALSO YOUR POSTS ARE NEXT-LEVEL PERFECTION DID I EVER MENTION THAT?? and i absolutely LOVE THIS!! must watch bungo stray dogs asap because UMM, ‘each episode is funnier than the previous one’ I AM SOLD!! also yayy to loving insatiable so much I DESPERATELY NEED A BOOK TO MAKE ME FORGET TIME SO EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO DEVOUR THAT
LikeLiked by 1 person
WHY R UR COMMENTS ALWAYS THE SWEETEST ONES EVERRR !! UR HELLA CHARMING STOPP
bungo stray dogs is one iconic anime i am glad ur sold !!!!!! insatiable was such an unexpected read but yaaay
LikeLiked by 1 person