what’s a wip? what do they have to do with valour and excellence? just as the title states, i’ll be ranking my old wips (work-in-progress aka books i wrote/ left empty) based on their valour and excellence😌 this is a different post compared to some of the other posts on here hehe
i did this first as a post on my other instagram account, so you can check that out if you need a referral hehe
- this one was actually quite promising because i’d got it to a 1000 pages
- the only catch was the font size, which was 50 something💀💀
- okay, so the main characters name was something like zoe lightsaber?
- or was it nightshade?
- anyways, she was a total icon and it’s truly disheartening that i am utterly unable to remember anything memorable at all
- she and that other guy- he wasn’t that great so i don’t really remember his name
- but it was cool
- the plot was pretty straightforward too, although the writing was a little cringe
- i think i started this one in the summer of 2020 and i’d written little backstories for each of the characters
- it actually had potential for more because if i was still editing this then you’d be looking at the draft zero of a sci-fi x dystopian best-seller
- this was non fiction and more like a memoir
- AHAHA the thought of a then 13 yr old writing a memoir makes me crack up
- but boundaries are meant to be broken
- this had some good stuff but then again, it was ✨cringe✨
- loveholic had some hardcore angst, so if you like that type of stuff, you’d like reading loveholic
- i loved the concept of this and everytime i rant in my notebook or to my friends i always think about writing it down as a draft of loveholic
- so maybe this isn’t entirely a mess after all??!!
- this was actually my version of a bonnie and clyde re-telling
- it’s still an on-progress thing so that’s why i’ve listed it as a wip
- although the only thing in progress about this is the fact that i’ve only got the concept down, nothing else
- frankly speaking though, this was kind of a romanticized version of all the guys i liked and how i’d end up with them if i controlled fate ahaha
- if you’re able to ignore my previous statement, then maybe you’d like reading golden??
- i really like bonnie and clyde and although i do not condone their actions, their stories // the things they did provide for amazing artistic inspiration hehe
- so in conclusion, this was a re-telling with action and romance
- no gore because i have decided that i do not want my audience to be exposed to that
- i never got to finish this one lol because i never finish a wip
- i’m very indecisive that way
- i had a whole notebook dedicated to this actually
- and yes i HANDWROTE everything in this
- a lot of blood, sweat and tears were put into the making of LIT and it’s a pity that it won’t probably ever see the light of the world lol
- this was mainly a historical and political fantasy
- talk about writing in every genre heh
- i saved the best for the last bc YES this exists !!!
- im still writing this but the last time i even opened the document was like a week ago
- but once i get my life in order i will get to writing this !!!!!!!
- the main character was supposed to be this girl called ara lee but since i don’t really relate much to ara i found it super hard to write her
- and so i’m working on a new main character who i can have rather easy time writing and i can think like
- but i liked ara lee a lot too
- she was a pain in the ass too but we don’t badmouth our own characters here hehe
- this was young adult and #ownvoices–another reason why i changed the main character from ara to *insert name here*
okay !!! so that’s it for todays short post!! i hope you had a fun time looking at all of my wips and laughing at my expense💀💀
comment down below which wip you would read because then it would give me motivation to open up the dreaded google docs and write it down hehe
one like= one word on the wip of your choice
asic signing off,